Sunday, June 29, 2008

Matthew has a Birthday


Matt to you, Matthew to me recently had a birthday. Something I always love because I don't feel as old as when we're only a year apart rather than 2. Since I know my mother and mother-in-law read this I wanted to share some pictures with you so that my mother sees how cool her birthday table runner is and my mother-in-law will see that we actually celebrated. You might be wondering about Matthew's dessert - I promise it was his choice - Funfetti cupcakes. I was thinking cheesecake or black forrest cake or really anything fancier than funfetti cupcakes but Matthew insisted. So Funfetti it is. Which honestly is pretty fun to say.


We were asked to speak AND he got a calling (I didn't, heh heh) - Sunday School teacher to the 12/13 year-olds all on his birthday. We even got asked over to dinner. All the while Matthew insisting that no one know about his special day. So I promise I would have done more to celebrate but Matthew wouldn't have let me. So birthday boy gets what birthday boy wants. Instead I have a few pictures of Matt LOVING his Funfetti!!

4 comments:

Cordova House said...

Funfetti is Brian's favorite cake too...it must be a guy thing. I'd definitely take the cheesecake!

I forgot to tell you that I tried to call you last week but I don't have your new number. So if you let me know what your number is, I promise to call:)

Melissa

Claudia said...

Happy birthday, Matt!! I bet he LOVES having his face grace your blog (given his slightly chagrined attitude towards it in the first place!) I think the funfetti IS pretty fancy, since you took the time to make different colored frostings! Woo hoo!

Cordova House said...

Hey Sara,

Thanks for your number. I deleted your comment so you don't have to worry about some creep getting your number:) We'll talk soon!!

Melissa

Christy said...

Happy Birthday! Gotta love the funfetti.
Phil also teaches the 12/13 year olds. It has been an adventure, that's for sure. But seriously, I'm sure he will have a lot of fun.