Wednesday, July 2, 2008

We have Friends

Or at least people who invite us over to their houses for dinner. It's been crazy. We've been here for five weeks and have been over to three families' houses for dinner with another invitation for this Friday's 4th celebration. I love it, but what's even greater is that Matt keeps talking about how we need to reciprocate and have them over. I've never seen him so social. In fact he's the one who's gotten to be friends with half the families to get us invited in the first place.

Both of us are simply flabbergasted at the response we've had in this ward. It reminds me of moving back to Oregon. I was still single and, honestly, hadn't dated much since turning 16. But for some reason I started getting asked out right and left. I was averaging a date a week. CRAZY!!! My roommate Hilary kept remarking about how popular I was and I had to keep telling her that this was so very abnormal. I had never got this much dating attention from members of the opposite sex. I was always the "friend" never the "love interest". I ended up having a lot of fun that year especially since it culminated in my meeting the LOVE OF MY LIFE!!

I feel the same way now. It's been fun and kind of spooky (is that the right word?) at the same time. Hopefully it means the transition will continue to go as smoothly as it's already gone. We are so blessed. Wenatchee is really the place we need to be.

2 comments:

Christy said...

I am SO glad everyone there is being so sweet to you. It makes me feel like I should be better about inviting new people over.
you know, the same type of dating thing happened to me right before I started dating Phil. It seemed like all these boys came out of nowhere and started asking me out. It was VERY abnormal. I guess the Lord just gets us ready, right?
Congrats on looking for a house! I am so excited for you!
We made our blog private because of the baby. My sister's friend had some creepy guy making weird comments about her kids, so she went private and it stopped. So it is becasue we have a little one now.

Hilary Butler said...

I love that you kids are so super social-and go Matt! I always knew there was a social butterfly inside of him just dying to come out. He was always perfectly social with me, and had no trouble asking you out, despite your massive popularity with the men! Love you guys.