Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Momma-sitting

Get it? Baby-sitting except for my mother? Wah hah. Aren't I so clever. Anyway, my mother, bless her heart has been slowly falling apart for the last several years. The latest was breaking her arm above the elbow while sewing of all things. Wild and crazy that woman is. I honestly wasn't aware that it could be done until I got the phone call from my dad. Matt, being the ultra supportive husband suggested I come down and hang out with her while my dad's away picking up my little brother from his mission in Ghana. I called my dad and asked if it would be appreciated because I knew that if I called my mother she would blow me off with a brave face saying she was fine and didn't need any help. Thankfully my dad is a lot more sane when it comes to my mother's health.

So I rode the train down Saturday (no interesting people this time). I'll leave next weekend. So far we've done pretty much the same thing I do in the Wenatch but with my mom in good ole Sherwood, Oregon. We sleep, watch tv, eat, read, walk, run errands and clean the house. The usual. Today we got our hair done by the dear Corrin Keeler. We love Corrin. Corrin is my sister Nichole's best friend and has been doing our hair for forever. She makes house calls and she's cheap. Like I said. We love Corrin. My mother is so funny. For the entire time I've been down here she's been going on and on about getting her hair done. I haven't seen her so excited in years. You'd think she was looking forward to her 16th birthday. This is her all duded up with foils and other micellaneous dye
Anyway, this is turning out to be longer than I thought. But my mother is sitting right here reading (and commenting) on my every sentence. It was her idea to blog about my week here. So there you go. I love my mommy. And I love momma-sitting her.

4 comments:

NW Harbert's said...

Hey Sara, This is Heather Harbert from the Five Oaks ward. Sorry to just drop in on your blog. I found it while snooping in other people sites. I hope you don't mind. It has been nice to read your blog and catch up on what you have been up too. Come visit mine if you want.
nwharberts.blogspot.com

Claudia said...

And thanks for baby momma-sitting me! I had so much fun! Thanks for being such a great friend!

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

So fun! Wish I was close enough to mamasit with my mama:)

Natalie said...

So do you Natalie-sit? Wah hah!