Saturday, September 27, 2008

Random Happenings

So, I have a few random pictures I felt inclined to share.

First, a few weeks ago, Matt was complaining of poor hearing. Not a good thing considering he's our family "hearer." I console myself that it's because he's practically blind so his other senses have to take over. But anyway, my little hearer couldn't hear and no amount of Q-tips were helping. If anything they were making it worse. So I picked up a few ear candles from our neighborhood natural/organic store to make him all better. Here's Matt patiently trying them out. It took two of them, but they seemed to work.

I jarred (Matt doesn't think it should be called canning) peaches with a couple of girlfriends. It was more or less the first time for all of us. We were so proud of ourselves. Matt came and picked me up and I was beaming with pride at my beautiful creations. Matt didn't see it. To him they were just jars of peaches, but I knew better. We don't have tons of counter space to display my edible art so they are now packed away in a box in our cupboard for future use.

Thankfully I have a brother who is as spastic as I am. Here he is almost fresh off his mission. It was fun hanging out with him and my parents and I know they are in good hands without me.

6 comments:

Claudia said...

1. Ear candles? I have never heard of such a thing. Maybe that means I need them too.
2. Youre CANNED peaches ARE beautiful. Well done! I bet they taste yummy. Any plans to CAN anything else?
3. Glad your brother is home safe. Hope you had a fun visit.
4. FINALLY SOME PICTURES!!! KEEP IT UP!

Michael Asay said...

I think using candle wax in the ears is a little to interesting for me (I've never tried it personally, but Ive heard it is dangerous). I prefer to use ear drops that you can buy OTC at any pharmacy (to soften the wax) and then to use a syringe to shoot a stream of warm water into the ear to flush out the wax.

NW Harbert's said...

The "jarred" peaches remind me of my grandmothers kitchen. I loved doing that and a meat sauce that gave off a wonderful aroma. I just love those things.

The StaceNeedle said...

Hey, I loved reading your last few blogs. Looks like you are having fun! I get it...the peaches thing. We consider ourselves less domestic and so when we do a domestic thing we feel a major sense of pride. I get it! Also, cute that you got to hang with your mom. Do you know the Burnett's in Wenatchee? Nice place up there.

NW Harbert's said...

Thanks for the comment, it is nice to hear from you again!!! I miss seeing you every Sunday!

Natalie said...

What a homemakerish lady you are! Ear candles AND jarred peaches? Sheesh! Does Martha know about you?