Monday, October 27, 2008

Domestic Goddess Unmasked

I know I present myself as some sort of newly formed domestic goddess since moving to Washington (I made my first applesauce last week), but . . . it's not true. See above picture, herein classified as Exhibit A. If you can't tell, it was supposed to be cinnamon rolls.

I got a new mixer for my birthday (no, my birthday's not for another couple of weeks) and in my exuberance I decided to make cinnamon rolls. A woman I knew in our last ward gave me her "easy" recipe she uses in her KitchenAid. I got a Bosch mixer but I figured they were more or less interchangeable. It's not true. Or, if it is true, I am still too novice in my goddess abilities. I got so mad during the whole process I threw some iron plates that were getting in the way. I think Matt was so surprised and frightened by the whole experience and the level of my frustration he only spoke in soft, soothing tones and didn't harass me when he offered to clean off the counter used as the rolling area that was literally caked with dough. What a good husband. Ah, c'est la vie.

The upside to the story is that I was able to salvage just enough of the rolls to satisfy Matt and my cravings for sugar last night (hence the pock-marked appearance of the dessert). We ate the less doughy portions. Also, I found a Bosch-specific cinnamon rolls recipe I'm going to try later this week. Wish me luck.

4 comments:

Michael Asay said...

Talk to Meg; her c-rolls are great and she's got the process down pretty well.

As for Matt using "soft, soothing tones," I have never heard his speak otherwise.

Claudia said...

So glad to hear from you again...I was wondering what was going on in the world of Sara! Sorry that they didn't quite turn out the way that you wanted. I do have to say, now I am really craving warm, gooey cinnamon rolls. Thanks for nothing...

Kotters said...

Glad to know that I am not the only one that has failed in the baking department. But I am really impressed with your canning skills. I am to scared to even attempt that.

Sara said...

Thanks Jenise! It's always more fun when you're not alone.