Monday, October 6, 2008

Opposition in All Things

This was originally posted Saturday evening but taken down Sunday morning. It is now being reposted.

Do you ever read your friends' blogs and think that their life is so much more glamorous than yours?
Do you ever have a day when you think everyone must wish they were you because you are so lucky to live the life you do?

Do you ever look at your husband/wife and think if you loved him/her anymore your heart would burst out of your chest?
Do you ever look at that same spouse and wish they had a clue how to make you happy?

Do you ever wonder why you should get out of bed?
Do you ever get so excited about what your day holds that you literally jump out of bed?

Do you ever think, "if I could be this good and pure and spiritual all the time, I'd be set?"
Do you ever think, "I'm so far from God right now, what's the point?"

Do you ever wonder how can one person survive this crazy emotional roller coaster? I do and I can. It's what makes my life so interesting (at least to me). It also helps to keep my husband on his toes, bless his heart.

For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things. If not so . . .righteousness could not be brought to pass, neither wickedness, neither holiness, nor misery, neither good nor bad.

Maybe I'm not so crazy after all?

5 comments:

Christy said...

I'm so glad it isn't just me. Seriously.

Kotters said...

It's so true!

Claudia said...

Wow...I have thought all of these things in the past week or so. Thanks for reposting so that I could see it!

ME said...

Why did you delete it in the first place and what did Mom and Dad have to do with it?

Sara said...

I took it down because I thought it was too much of a downer. I asked the parents to read it to see what they thought. They suggested I repost it.