Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gratitude List

A few years ago, I got involved in a group of friends who emailed gratitude lists to each other. I've kind of fallen off the radar, but I wanted to share my list with you. I need to remember the random things in life that make me happy, because I really do have so much to be grateful for.

  1. I couldn't start this list off without being grateful to my husband. He simply is possibly the best thing, barring my membership in the church, that's ever happened to me.
  2. Not having children. Didn't think that would make the list. But I'm thankful that I have this very special time in life when I'm only working part-time from home which gives me the chance to say yes to all the RS emails that go out looking for help. I've decided this is my year of service.
  3. My Bosch mixer I got for my birthday. I made my first cinnamon rolls and and they were soooo good.
  4. Having enough to share. With only two people, there are only so many cinnamon rolls you can eat by yourself so it's the perfect opportunity to share the wealth.
  5. That being said, finding out that you can freeze cinnamon roll dough like you can cookie dough so you only bake as many as you want.
  6. Fine fall weather in the Wenatch. It's raining now, but we had be-autiful weather for a solid month.
  7. Falling gas prices. Even though I don't drive now nearly as much as I used to, it's still fun to see them continue to fall.
  8. Having to travel to shop at my favorite stores. Now I have to drive 2+ hours, and I tell you, it's done wonders for my credit card bill.
  9. My ward here in Wenatchee. We've been invited over to so many families houses for dinner. It's always nice to feel loved.
  10. My calling as Gospel Doctrine Instructor. Another odd thing to make it on the list. But I'm thankful because it is forcing me to learn and grow in all the ways I always wanted to but was too lazy to before.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Sweet Beautiful daughter.

I am incredibly grateful that you chose to be born into our family. It is too late to call right now, but I do want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY.I do love you lots and lots.

Dad

NW Harbert's said...

What a great list. I have to start thinking of mine. I know my kids will want to play the alphabet game for Thanksgiving, so I had better start thinking of things for each letter, plus my life in general.

ME said...

I like number 8. Because so many other people would look at having to drive to their favorite stores as something bad. Way to look on the bright side of things.

Claudia said...

And I am thankful for the sweet card I got in the mail from you today. Totally made my day. Thank you so much for thinking of me! I am especially thankful that even though you've moved oh-so-far away, we've still gotten to see each other and talk.

I, too, like your list. ;o) Did I tell you after your cinnamon roll post that I developed an intense craving for cinnamon rolls? So instead of being the domestic goddess that you are (which is one of the things I love about you!!), I bought the frozen Rhodes kind at the grocery store and made some last night. Yum. But I wish I could try yours, because I'm sure they are fantastic. And I taught GD in college for 2 years when in college--I also thought that was probably one of the best callings I ever had as far as me learning. Kinda scary sometimes, but I learned so much. You have such good insight into things, and I really liked reading your list. Miss you!

Sara said...

Ooh, the Rhodes cinnamon rolls are so good. I totally looked for them in our grocery store here, no luck, hence having to make my own. I honestly think its a toss up as to which ones I like better.

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Happy Belated Birthday Sara. I really did think about you on your special day, although I didn't get an email of call made. I hope you know that I truly am thankful for your friendship :) And how could I ever forget Sara's lists!? I still have that list you made for me back in our freshman year of college when I went home for my brother's homecoming. Once again, no one can say it like Sara! I miss you :)