Friday, November 14, 2008

Wenatchee goes Jewish

Last night, Matt's boss took the firm (all three of its employees and their spouses) to see Wenatchee High School's production of "Fiddler on the Roof." I wasn't sure what to expect, it had been talked up quite a bit but was just a high school play. I've seen some good high school productions but was skeptical. But as soon as it started Matt and I were both astonished at just how good the singers, the acting, the set, and creativity were. All for only $10! I was thinking if I wanted to see a professional play, it would cost more than $10 just for the ticketmaster fees. And we were home within minutes of the show ending. Now, I realize the play wasn't up to professional quality, but all factors considered, I think I enjoyed the high school production more than a Broadway play. The absolute treat was seeing 13- and 14-year old boys trying to pass as men with facial hair. Some of the boys pulled it off reasonably well, but there's just something so cute about a super baby-faced boy with black make up hanging out around his chin.

I'm totally looking forward to what they do next year!

No comments: