Sunday, December 14, 2008

New Odd Name

Remember when I told you about the couple I met on the train who's neighbor named their daughter Purdy Skerry, pronounced, Perty Scarey? Well, we have a Bacon family in our ward and tonight, while looking through the ward directory, I found out his name is Crispy. That's right, Crispy Bacon. He and his wife are friends of ours. He's always just referred to himself as Chris. And now I find out his parents were awful people who named their pride and joy Crispy. It's one of those things we joke about, like my brother naming his daughter Tammy so he and his wife can have a Tam Bourine for a daughter. But who actually goes through with joke names like these? Now, of course, Matt and I are dying to call him on it and find out the story that goes along with it. Did his parents also want a name that would make their child unforgettable, or were they really just mean spirited and figured he was going to get teased anyway so they might as well go all the way?

4 comments:

The Booren Bunch said...

How did you make your blog sooo cute!?! Mine needs help!! I finally updated mine a little!! (no pictures, though...I'm working on it) Poor man...I wonder if he is related to the friends of my parents, the Bacons. Every time they would have a baby, they would send out an announcement saying....Introducing the Newest Kind of Bacon! I guess when you have a differnt name, you just have to work with it. I always wanted a little girl named, Colleen... until I married a Booren. Colleen Booren....poor child....I could never do that! Kids get teased enough.... I also wanted to name Conner, Ryder. Phillip said I had lost my mind! He said what will you name the next...Walker. It took me a minute...Parker, Ryder, and Walker!:) Thank heavens he had a few suggestions! Love to you both...talk to you soon! Natalie

Christy said...

That's really too bad! And really quite hilarious.

NW Harbert's said...

Ok that name takes the cake!!! I have heard some funny ones, but that is down right mean!
Also your blanket you made is absolutely beautiful, teach me how to make one. I tried once and it didn't turn out.

Malia said...

Truly one of the most unfortunate names ever. Though I did once have a friend named Kandy Kane (two Ks) and a student named Shithead (pronounced Shuh-theed, of course). Love you!