Sunday, January 18, 2009

Come on Mother Nature, Help a Sister OUT

I realize that in posting this I sound extremely ungrateful. I know that in parts of the country they are dealing with more snow and ice than they can handle . . . but what can I say, I'm a brat. I WANT SNOW. It snowed tons the couple of weeks before Christmas making everyone's holiday travelling a touch treacherous, but it all cleared up a couple of days before I came back and we have neither seen hide nor hare of either the sun or snow ever since. I finally don't have anywhere to stress about going AND I have snow tires! (Sigh) It's been dreadful. Cloudy or super foggy for two weeks straight. I've had enough. If I wanted clouds I could have stayed in Portland. I want snow!! Or if I can't have snow at least give me some sun. That would be okay too.

I've started obsessing over weather.com again. Every day I check it's the same story - the sun will come out in a couple of days. But it never does, it just stays in that horrid two-day limbo land. So you can pray for whatever weather you like but as for me and my house we will pray for snow. And my neighbor. She's praying for snow too. In fact I might join her one of these days to do the snow dance. Whatever it takes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have sunshine. Full, blue skies right now. Ice on the roads, and still 31*, but at least it's sunny.

:)

Ariana said...

We have sunshine, but with Sao Paulo style pollution. I'd take clouds any day. Stupid inversions... I miss the clouds in Portland. And rain. We can barely see Timpanogos, and it's like 8 miles straight east. Bleck!