Wednesday, January 14, 2009

We've Been Had

So dear readers, I'm sure you've all been on the edge of your seats waiting until I got up the courage to ask ole Crispy Bacon about his name. Well the opportunity presented itself on Monday when he and his wife invited us over for dinner and games. Halfway through dinner I called him out on it.

Apparently his given name is Christopher but he's gone by Crispy every now and again during his life when there have been too many Chris' to count in a given situation - like work. He said he decided to change it in our ward directory when we was messing around online a few months ago. I told him he had been talked about on my blog which seemed to delight him immensely. But unfortunately he was the only one so excited.

I was happy for him in the sense that his parent's aren't as ruthless as I had once supposed. But at the same time I was more crestfallen. Why? Because I really am that gullible. It's always been a title I thought I was unjustly labeled with but I can no longer dispute it. I've realized that I'm going to be one of those old women who sends my life savings to some seemingly nice young man who promises to take "real good care" of it for me. You know, one of those schemes that only old people seem to fall for. Isn't that so sad? So just remember that when it happens I might be coming to your house to stay. Please don't turn me out. I promise to be tidy.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

laughing out loud...

Emily said...

I'm laughing too...he's got a sense of humor...but man, that made a good story!!! I'm sorry to have to go back to my aerobics ladies to tell them the details.