Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Airport Manager Needed

Today during lunch Matthew and I were looking through the Wenatchee Classified Ads and came across a job posting for an airport manager for the Cashmere Airport. Now per Wikipedia at the 2000 census Cashmere boasted a population of just under 3,000 so I can only imagine the size and use of their airport. I'm not really sure who they are looking for and what the job would entail. The posting just said:

Part time. Hours and salary to be negotiated. Send letter of interest to . . . . To be received no later than April 15, 2009.

With only a day to respond to the query, Matthew and I sat down and wrote out a simple letter of interest and sent it along. Now, I have no hope of actually securing this job but wouldn't it be so fun to tell people I managed an airport? Even if it only services private planes and crop dusters? Maybe I'd be able to catch a ride some time. Oooh. Doesn't that make you wild with jealousy? No? Well it did to Matt.


Update as of April, 20. No love, they've hired someone else. All my hopes and dreams down the drain. I only pray that my heart will recover.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Ummm...good luck? You sure have an adventurous spirit!

*julie* said...

HA! I love this part, "Well it did to Matt."
I too would be envious of you being able to say you managed an airport. I have no other acquaintances that can claim such life experiences ;)
I'm so glad to hear that you're doing your darnedest to get the most out of the Wenatch.
Again, I'm a little envious.

Emily said...

So, have you gotten a call yet????:)

Sara said...

Sadly no. No call yet. So technically I haven't been rejected yet. We can only hope for good things.