Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Kids say the Funniest Things

Or maybe I should say kids are entertained by the funniest things. This past Saturday I had the chance to accompany my high school kids to Central Washington University to tour the campus and see what life is like down in Ellensburg, WA. It was a nice enough campus. I think we went on two or three different tours. I was a bad influence and walked in the back with two girls who were also fairly indifferent to the knowledge being offered to them. Instead of listening attentively like a good example would, I regaled them of stories from Boston, one of them is obsessed with moving there and was keen on learning everything and anything about her beloved city. They were both equally excited about the strangest words that came out of my mouth like ta tas (can't imagine when I've ever used that term before but I did and they LOVED it), tush and tokus (both yiddish for bum). I have to say I've never before been idolized because of such seemingly innocuous words. But there you have it, Sara's molding of Wenatchee's young minds one tokus at a time.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

My favorite word you used? It would hands-down be LAME. It wasn't just the word--it was how you said it. So there you have it--you not only mold young minds, but old minds as well! Miss you!

ME said...

What makes these kids your "high school kids"? Are they kids you tutor?

NW Harbert's said...

You are so funny and sorely missed in the Five Oaks Ward. (At least by me! :))