Wednesday, May 13, 2009

It's a Wonderful Life

Here's to all the random things I find myself grateful for lately.
  • I don't want you to think that I cried all day Mother's Day being without offspring because I didn't at all, but all the same I am thankful it's done. I love the mothers in my life (be they sisters, mothers, or friends) who are amazing examples of the myriad of ways to be a wonderful mother, but I am grateful to be out from under the microscope that with pity oozing from its lens says, "You don't have children? That's okay you don't have children, you're a "mother" all the same." I realize this is all true but I'd rather not be piercingly reminded of it. Is that okay?
  • Okay . . . on a happier note I am thankful for Priesthood Blessings. I don't know how people live without them. Kevin, email me and I'll explain them to you.
  • With the above, I am thankful for a worthy Priesthood holder located in easy living quarters of me. Yep, that's my husband.
  • Small projects that can be completed quickly, thus giving me a sense of accomplishment without the endless hours of toil.
  • The excitement and adventure that comes with a ward split. I got a call the other night asking if I wanted to stay Gospel Doctrine teacher, because that could be arranged but I opted instead for the unknown, except maybe for Primary. I'm really afraid of Primary and will only do it if that's really where God wants me.
  • Although I'd really like to be working today, I'm thankful that I know I won't (my computer crashed on Friday) so I can plan my schedule accordingly. I tell you, the commercials are true - knowledge is power.
  • A much better experience at Gear Up yesterday and last Thursday to remind me just how much I do love these kids.
  • Anticipation. I don't love surprises as much as love anticipation. I loved anticipating my sewing class and now I am loving anticipating my weekend with my sisters (less poor Natalie who's stuck in Virginia) and my mother. It's going to be grr-ate.
  • Waking up at 6:00 and knowing I could get up but choosing to doze in and out until 7:30 instead and not feeling the least bit guilty about it.
  • Having a somewhat steady journal to be able to look to remember the minutia of my life be it the joys or the pains. I don't know why this made it onto the list but I am grateful for it all the same.

Okay, I think that's it. It's been an interesting week for me. Not sure exactly how, but just interesting. So thanks for letting me replay part of it here for you.

5 comments:

ME said...

I love short projects too. I love the feeling of accomplishment.

Michael Asay said...

What, no anticipation to meet your newest nephew? Try not to hold him too much; he's addicting . . .

Christy said...

I am so excited to see you today!
That is all.

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Love your list. And I'm so glad you went into the baby boutique because you did really need those polka dot baby shoes--Annie has them and they just make you smile to look at them. And besides, it's good to keep a bin of goods--preparedness. Love and miss you!

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

I love your lists Sara, I will NEVER tire of them. You make me smile :)