Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Loving on my sisters

I adore my sisters. I especially love when we're all able to get together. I love that we all have strong personalities (that, I believe, comes from my mother) and are all fairly different, but when we get together it's mostly just happiness. Last weekend, we decided to get away to Nichole's friend's aunt's cabin (still with me) on Mount Hood. It was kind of short, just Friday afternoon till Sunday morning, but we scrap booked, slept, made really baggy pajamas, watched movies, took walk(s), cooked, ate way too much sugar and had an overall relaxing few days. I like to think of it as a true mother's day weekend.

My favorite part of the weekend came Saturday mid-morning when we were all busily making our pj's and Megan was urging us with all her might to take a walk with her. Melissa calmly explained that the weekend was meant to do whatever we wanted and she couldn't make us go. Two minutes later though everyone was inexplicably ready to enjoy a lovely sister's walk. I don't know why that's my favorite memory because at first blush it doesn't seem to make for a really heart-warming story. But I do love how the relationships we had as children (sometimes good, sometimes bad) have evolved into relationships with more love, respect, and a whole lot more giggling.

It's true what my mother says about your sisters. You may not love them as children but eventually they will grow up to be your best friends. I love you my dear sweet chicas.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

I'm so glad you had a good time! I was wondering how the weekend turned out! How 'bout posting some pictures? I want to see you and your sissies!

ME said...

My favoorite memory was during the wa;lk and you busted out the complkiments. Love you too! one handed typing while nursing is great for you skills.

Nichole said...

I don't think anyone was PMS'ing...so that helps. Yes, Megan...we do follow you...even if you are the youngest. You come up with some good ideas. We do have to question some :)

We do have some GREAT sisters...including you! love ya!