Saturday, May 9, 2009

Mother's Day (sort of)

Matt and I were discussing what we should do to celebrate Mother's Day since I have no offspring to call me such names. Don't worry, my psyche is doing well. We decided that doing nothing would be just fine by me. I know I nurture others and "mother" in my own special way, but, honestly, I would just as soon have a fun dinner and call it good.

But today as we walked downtown to get a shake at our local malt shop we passed by this baby boutique going out of business. Everything in the store was 40% to 75% off so Matthew suggested I go in and get some things for our eventual babies. I was pretty hesitant about it afraid it might jinx us but Matt persisted and I went in and got some fun items. My favorite being those super cute little baby girl shoes.

So there you go, Happy Mother's Day to me. Pregnancy pants and some cute shoes for my babies, be they girl or boy. I may not be pregnant, in fact, I might never get pregnant, but on the off chance that I don't, I've got some fun gifts for the next couple of years worth of baby showers. Happy Mother's Day!!

5 comments:

Emily said...

Happy Mother's Day, sweet friend! Congrats on your finds!

Claudia said...

That is awesome! You got some good stuff, and the shoes are darling...can't go wrong with baby shoes! And kudos to Matt for making the suggestion. Way to plan ahead! Love ya!

ME said...

You could have also got a present for your newly born nephew ;)

Lance and Kristi said...

I loved my Moby wrap and am a big fan of Pedipeds. Great finds! I pray you can use them sooner than later. You will be glad you had them!

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Those shoes are ADORABLE!! Way to go, bargain shopper!