Sunday, May 24, 2009

New Calling

Just in case my mother is remotely curious, Matt and I have our new callings. Matt is the Elder's Quorum President to all of five elders and I am the First Counselor in the Young Women's Presidency. I'll be honest, it's the calling I was most hoping for, even if I only have three Mia Maids to advise. It was especially nice when the only one attending today seemed genuinely excited to have me as her leader. So here's hoping that in a year or two I'm still as excited about this calling as I am now.

By the way, if anyone has any great advice for me, I would love to have it.

5 comments:

Emily said...

I've been in YW almost my whole life. The leaders that do the best are the ones that relate to the girls and love them! I know you'll do awesome!

Claudia said...

I would be lying to you (and myself) if I didn't admit that I am completely jealous of your calling. Being a leader in YW has hands-down been the best calling I've ever had. I would agree what the previous commenter said--be their friend. Listen to what they have to say, wheather it is commenting in a class, talking to you, or if they have input on planning future acitivities. Watch movies with them. Talk with them just as much as the other leaders. Ask them about boys. Go to their school stuff. Dance with them at the youth dances. They will love it, and so will you!!! I still get e-mails from the YW I worked with back in Green Bay, and I absolutely love it. I'm excited for you! Yay for fun callings!

Linsey de Guzman said...

Hi Sara! Congrats on your calling! I served in the YW in Geneva and loved it. I'm excited to hear how it goes for you-- I have no doubt the girls will love you! Also, loved reading your thoughts on your sisters-- sounds like a great get-together! I completely relate--I'd be lost without my sisters! xo, Linsey

Sister Abby Bowler said...

So fun to have new callings! The girls will love you!

Sister Abby Bowler said...

Oh, and funny dream you had about me. Nope, I'm not pregnant.