Friday, May 1, 2009

Up with the Sun

I love the sun. I love springtime, and I love longer days. What I'm not so in love with is my internal clock that says, "the sun is awake so Sara should be awake too." Or, "the sun is still asleep so Sara should stay in bed." I've been waking up at 6:00 am for the past week thanks to Mr. Sun peeking out earlier and earlier but it wasn't until today that I finally succumbed. Normally I just tell myself to go back to bed and spend the next hour or so going in and out of consciousness.

But this morning I skipped out of bed and greeted the sun. Which is both good and bad. Good because, think of all the extra stuff I can do with my day when I wake up that much earlier. Bad because, one, I ended up spending the vast majority of the first two hours on facebook (I joined this morning) and two, by 7:30 I was ready already so up and at em I started my dishwasher, which hopefully did not cause too much noise for our upstairs neighbors. Usually I try not to turn on any major appliances until at least 8:00. Did number two make sense?

Anyway, what I'm trying to say, is that I'm not sure how well I like this new awake time.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Yeah, I get up at 6, too. It is amazing how much I can get done in the 15 or 20 minutes before everyone else is awake.
I am glad to hear you joined facebook. I am going to have to go find you now!
7:30 is not too early for a dishwasher. A vacuum maybe, but not a dishwasher.

Claudia said...

I am woken up at 6 as well...not by the sun, but by a baby who is woken up by the sun. Dangit!