Friday, June 5, 2009

Quilting Practice

A few months ago I was bored with little to no work to do. To pass the time I decided to make a baby blanket. They are an easy two or three day activity and I already had the material (look familiar Claudia?). So I finished the top and then anxiously waited for my quilting class at our local quilt store to teach me how to use their fancy-dancy machine. The whole process was way overwhelming but a few days ago I had the chance to go in for a few hours by myself to practice. Thankfully someone at the store helped me remember everything I had already learned and in a couple hours I came out with the following product. Felt on the top and that really cozy, cuddle-friendly micro-fleece on the bottom. I don't know if you can tell that the quilting is a loopy star design. The stars were definitely not made by a professional but I'm still proud of the finished product.
With that in mind I would like to take this opportunity to publicly apologize for not being a better friend/sister to everyone who have had babies. I.e. not making/buying something for your sweet newborn. I promise I love you, I just show my love in other ways. Please forgive me.

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Yes, I do recognize the fabric! The quilt looks awesome! So that's what the fancy shmancy machine does, huh? I'm so impressed! and that fleecy stuff on the back--that's still may favorite fabric!

ME said...

It's beautiful and I won't even complain about none of my three children ever getting a birthday or baby gift. ;)

Deanna said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! I'm SERIOUSLY impressed!!

Nichole said...

You are a ROCK star!!!