Friday, July 31, 2009

Crafts are Sew Fun

Yeah, I'm that cheesy. I've fallen in love with sewing. Partially for the fun projects I get to do and partially because it's finally given me a hobby to name when people ask, "so what do you like to do." For years I hated that question because I didn't really have any passions to list. Accounting, despite what some might believe is not my passion. I like it, it's a good living, but it's neither my life nor my hobby. Anyway, here are some of the projects I've been working on this summer.
His and Hers Messenger Bags - Matt picked out his own fabric. Mines the one on the left.




I've finally finished the quilt I've been working on for the last several months. Maybe not traditional but I still love it.

5 comments:

Kotters said...

I love your quilt! I have started sewing too. It is so fun and with my kids it makes me feel like I accomplish something that stays done.

Jenise

Nichole said...

ok...if you need a project...you can sew me a bag :)

Claudia said...

LOVE the bags. Love the quilt. Great job!

I feel the same way about the "what do you like to do" question. I have yet to find my answer, however. Glad you've found yours!

Sister Abby Bowler said...

The bags are darling and your quilt turned out SO beautiful! Wish we could get together for craft days...my sewing machine is still in a box, but I'm itching for a project now that we are mostly moved in. love and miss you!

Brian and Melissa Finley said...

Hello....you are like the only college-age girl or cross-stitched! Isn't that a hobby anymore? I'll never forget the beautiful one you had displayed in our living room senior year. Oh Sara...you have so many talents :) Love ya and looking forward to seeing you in WA sometime soon (we move next week)!!