Sunday, August 23, 2009

Everyone Gets to Play

I have often said that we all have unique abilities and experiences that allow us to help others in ways perfect for them. I might not be able to be all things to all people, but just maybe I am able to offer something to someone that no one else can. This was brought home today when I was out visiting teaching. I visit this wonderful woman I love and adore who is struggling through all the agony that accompanies a divorce. She knows I love her, and although I have my own issues that allow me to sympathize with the pain she is experiencing, I don't and hope to never know what it is like to go through a divorce. But my companion I was assigned has. And today I was privileged to witness one person being able to empathize with another in a very intimate and healing way. It was beautiful to see the Lord's hand in action as He put this special sister in contact with the other to help her through her pain. I wish I could put more eloquently the wonder of what I saw, but whoever is reading this, please know you matter intensely to someone else. No one can be the you, you are meant to be.

7 comments:

Emily said...

Thanks, Sara! That's the best thing I've read all day! (and I've actually read a bit this morning!)

Christy said...

I always love to read your blog. I get excited whenever I get on my blog and see that you have updated. Sometimes I save your blog for last, just because it is always such a delight to read.

Sara said...

Wow. That is really so sweet of both of you. Thanks.

Claudia said...

Hi Sara dear. I want to call you, but my phone is out of minutes (due to all of our loveley phone conversations with Dell--not to mention minutes upon countless minutes of being placed on hold while a diagnostic test that should last for 10 minutes runs for more than an hour...) So I will have to wait a few more days until my billing cycle restarts. But I'm thinking of you. Hope you're doing well. Miss you.

Nicole said...

Sara! Yay, I totally found your blog through your facebook page. I'm going to follow you and put you in my blogroll reader so I can keep up with you. I have a blog, too, that I keep pretty regularly, if you want to follow me we can keep in touch. my blog is mostly about homemaking, so its pretty fun most of the time (if I do say so myself...)

armchairhousewife.blogspot.com

Also, this was a lovely post. I intend to come back when its not 11:30 at night and read more of what's been going on in your world. Nice to reconnect, friend. :)

Blessings,

Nicole

melissa said...

Well said, my dear sister.
love melissa

Dad said...

A wonderful thought my beautifully thoughtful daughter. You never know when an otherwise unpleasant experience will come back to bless you by being a blessing to someone else.
Love
Dad