Saturday, August 22, 2009

Sharing Friends

This is My friend Susan, me, and my darling little sister Megan. I say My friend Susan even though she is really Megan's age and was Her friend in high school. Because Megan and I are only a year apart and because I had no friends to speak of in high school, I was sometimes allowed to hang out with Megan and her friends, but only with the strict understanding that they were Her friends and not mine. Sister relationships, you've got to love them. Poor Susan was the subject of many power struggles, mostly Megan's since I, of course, was always the most rational and well behaved of sisters. Now, however, Megan freely invites me to join her and her friends on weekend excursions. Susan can now be My friend as well as Her friend and that is okay with everyone.
Thank heavens for maturity.

2 comments:

ME said...

Yes I'm so glad to know that I've matured so much. LOL you make me laugh. You might also mention how I was so generous to share Ian with you as well.

Nichole said...

wow....meg shared Ian. I'm sure that wasn't hard :)