Monday, November 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Sara

I realize, it's probably not good form to write a post about yourself on your birthday, but that's okay - I'm not really into the social norm anyway. I wasn't going to actually but I told my father I had curled my hair to celebrate my birthday and he asked that I post a picture. So there I am in all my silly curly glory.

I found a blog through a friend of mine. The blog's writer stays at home with her children and does her hair in fabulous styles every day because, as she says, she needs some glamour in her life. I thought that was completely great so I decided that my birthday was as special occasion as any to do fun things with my mop - so there you have it.

I have gotten over my "Oh my word I'm 30 - what do I have to show for my life" drama. And now I am excited for the next decade of my life. My 30's are going to be great. I just know it.

But today I wanted to celebrate my birthday with yet another list of things I'm grateful for. So here's my list:
  • Solid heavenly help. Seriously, miracles were requested and miracles were delivered.
  • A good body, that while it doesn't get pregnant like it should, does everything else pretty marvelously. I really can't or shouldn't complain.
  • Beautiful drives through mountain passes. I mean really, how much more gorgeous can nature get than when you're surrounded by glorious trees? Can you tell I spent my formative years in Western Oregon?
  • My Gear Up kids. They just may be my favorite people in Wenatchee - along with my cute Young Women. I love them all individually and will miss them when they all graduate or I move, whichever comes first.
  • Opportunities for spiritual, emotional, and intellectual growth. Knowing where I was, where I am, and where I just might end up and being amazed by the changes.
  • The cute woman at the restaurant this morning who overheard it was my birthday and randomly gave me a ginormous cinnamon roll as we were leaving. People really can be so wonderful!
  • The color red. I love wearing it and I love decorating with it.

So I think that's about it. I lead a wonderful life and, like you, wouldn't trade anything I have or don't have for the world. I love you all!!

7 comments:

ME said...

You are wonderful and you deserve a ginormous cinnamon roll.

Claudia said...

Happy birthday, Sara dear!

Skip said...

Just want to say Thank You for having chosen to be my daughter.
Love,
Dad
PS I agree with Meg

Emily said...

HAPPY 30th Sara! I'm glad you found joy in the day. Here's to many good years and blessings to come.

Jen Hicks said...

I like you hair Sar! I wish mine would stay cute and curly like that. I love the pic of your YW too. I love working with our girls too. Happy early Thanksgiving!

Nichole said...

And let me add...I am grateful for my little sis...sariasis! You are a blessing in my life!

Sara said...

You guys are great!! Thank you for your love.