Thursday, November 5, 2009

I love Wenatchee and Alex Degrassi

Tonight, Matthew and I went to see Alex Degrassi in concert. The concert was absolutely wonderful! Alex Degrassi is a new age acoustic guitarist - one of Matthew's favorites, who tends to be somewhat experimental in his playing. Really it was amazing. But what I really loved about the concert was this feeling of love I had sitting amongst my fellow Wenatchens. It was fun to sit next to them experiencing this fabulous artist together. Feeling as if we now had a bond because of this night.
I also loved being able to experience it without the struggle of big city traffic, parking, or ticket fees. Now granted, Wenatchee doesn't attract huge headliner acts, but for someone as unsophisticated (and cheap) as me, I don't mind. I just love living in a small enough community where, when acts I love do come to town, I can walk to go see them. There is just something so idyllic about it to me. And that is why I love Wenatchee.

1 comment:

ME said...

You do live quite the idyllic life. If envy is what you hoped to inspire by this post, you got it. I'm as green as a pea.