Thursday, December 31, 2009

Hoping for a miracle

We took a red-eye flight home from Hawaii yesterday. I mention that because it is my excuse for both Matthew and I leaving our iPods on the plane. In our sheer exhaustion we must have forgotten to completely check our surroundings (like good little fliers always do). I made sure to grab my $5 waterbottle, but somehow forgot my invaluable entertainment device. We didn't even think about them missing until late last night. So this morning I spent some quality time with Delta describing our lost goods. She mentioned mulitiple times that if, on the off chance they are found and turned in, Delta/ NW will give us the courtesy of calling and having them returned. Does that sound snotty? She was actually very nice. Anyway, I realize it's a long shot but we're praying for miracles right now.



Two weeks later - still haven't heard back from Delta so thanks to "Anonymous" who gave me the idea of calling my insurance agent. I didn't think they covered stuff like that but it's definitely worth a shot.

3 comments:

Claudia said...

That really stinks...good luck!

Emily said...

EEEk! Good luck. Hope you had a nice trip.

Anonymous said...

Good luck! Give it two weeks and then file with your insurance company...assuming that you have insurance coverage -- like Renter's. We left our camera on the plane and made out nice with the insurance check. The new camera is on it's way.