Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Weak Sauce

I've realized over the last week that I am grateful for many things but my weak sauce sense of willpower is most definitely not one of them.

In December, like most people, I totally OD'ed on sugar so I decided I was going to give up sweets for the month of January. Yeah, I only made it 10 days before choking. Matthew said he was going to be good about supporting me, but kept talking about how great Apple Crisp would be. It didn't help that my resolve was already somewhat shaky at this point. But with the excuse that I was helping my husband more than hurting myself I gave in and made the dessert. It was really good too.

I'm also really bad about not reading the end of a book before I'm there by honest means. It's the reason I've never gotten into the mystery genre. I enjoy knowing the end of the beginning too much to be a good mystery reader. Sometimes, I'll even read ahead just to see if certain characters I like/dislike are still there further down the road. Sad, and almost offensive to some, I know.

Thus, because of this complete lack self-control, I am immensely grateful for two things. 1. That I don't have serious weight issues. I'm not sure I would be any good on a strict or even semi-strict diet; and 2. That I've grown up LDS and thus have never tried alcohol, coffee, tea, or tobacco. They pose no threat to me now, but who knows the troubles I'd see if I had to give them up today. Perish that thought.

Any way, I just felt the desire to fess up to my weak sauce willpower. If you are like me, just know you are not alone.

No comments: