Monday, March 1, 2010

We are Here! We are Here! We are Here!

That's what I feel like shouting at the top of my lungs, just like those loveable Who's down in Who-ville. After a month of packing and many more months of contemplating, we are now officially on to the phase before the next real phase of our lives - e.g. living in my parent's basement while we wile away the time before really and truly moving on to the next phase of our lives - Matthew going back to school.
Complicated? Maybe, but I'm glad to be here. Glad that Wenatchee sent us off with beautiful weather, glad that after a few days of gloom in Sherwood, Oregon is welcoming us with beautiful weather, and glad that I have several months here with my family before heading off again. I feel like now is the time to soak in all the family time I can possibly handle while trying to work closer to full-time, before having to ditch out.
Because who knows when we'll be in driving distance again? We're seriously considering Penn State (more news after this weekend) and I was noticing that only 4% of their graduating class gets placed in the West. Not the Northwest, just the West. Which doesn't necessarily mean anything, but I'm not putting a lot of faith in us ending up here after school. Who knows though. Life has been surprising thus far.
Wow, that's a lot of rambling to say we have made it to Portland and are excited to be here. There's lots of room in the basement if anyone feels like visiting!?!

No comments: