Monday, May 10, 2010

I Quit Sponge Rollers

So this is kind of silly, but I have decided that sponge rollers don't play nice. A few months ago, my sister mentioned she had tried them with crazy cute results. It brought back all sorts of memories of me as a little girl with really adorable Shirley Temple ringlets. So I went to our local dollar store and invested $3 in sponge rollers. After putting the curlers in, I remembered the other half of the memories of me as a girl suffering through a very uncomfortable night's sleep. The next morning I woke up, took out the curlers and found, to my horror, super duper tight curls that more resembled little pigtails than Shirley Temple ringlets. Only after 12 hours did they finally relax enough to look cute.

Several months later I thought rolling in the morning leaving five hours for drying time would give me the curl I wanted without the pigtails I didn't. No good. Even after blow drying the sponge rollers for ten minutes, only half of my hair was actually dry, leaving my hair looking lame (see above picture). I'm so done. No super duper Shirley Temple curls for Mother's Day. Thankfully I have hats to hide disastrous hair results. So blegh to sponge rollers. Yeah to hats. That's the final determination.

Does anyone want a bag full of slightly used sponge rollers?

1 comment:

melissa said...

you are a very silly girl. Love melissa