Sunday, September 26, 2010

Legwarmers vs. Leggings and a very sweet woman

I teach seminary in the basement of one of my student's homes. The mom and I are friends and we chat from time to time as I'm leaving. A few weeks ago, I mentioned to this woman that I was looking for cool 80s style legwarmers to keep my legs from freezing over when I'm too lazy to change out of my skirt upon arriving home. I'm pretty sure I said this casually, and in passing, but on Friday, she stopped me and pulled out a pair of leggings she had bought for me. She didn't just see them and think of me. No, this super adorable woman, who works full time while fulfilling her super busy Relief Society President calling, went to three different stores in search of legwarmers for me. She didn't find any, so instead, bought me some leggings. She even left the tag on them in case I wanted to trade them in for something I liked better. I couldn't believe how ridiculously sweet, crazy thoughtful, and a little silly the whole scene was.

Just another reason why it's good to live in State College, PA and belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Many a time have a recently thought, "Why, oh, why did I throw away those rainbow-striped leg warmers? Wo, wo, wo unto me!"

Good luck finding some.