Saturday, November 27, 2010

I Hate UPS

Did you get that? I HATE UPS. Twice in one year, which is really a lot when you consider how many packages I don't get, have they thwarted my shipping needs because of their really DUMB shipping policy. The first time they wouldn't change the address of my package, despite it accidentally being an old address, until it had been rejected by the person currently living there. It is, what they term, a failed delivery attempt. The second time, they wouldn't change the method of receipt until, again, after a failed delivery attempt. The package is in State College, a full three days before schedule delivery, and I need it by a specific time on Monday, but I can't opt to go and pick it up. Nope, it has to have a failed delivery attempt first. So aggravating, made even more so by the awful "customer service" people who don't help, they can only calmly but firmly restate and then restate some more of their policies. No there's no one else I can talk to, and no the shipper of the package can't change it either. That is their policy and that is their policy.
I tried writing a strongly worded 500-character email, but the response was simply to restate their policy. Yeah, I know the policy. So I am left with all of this pent-up anger and impotent rage. I feel like the evil villain, Goob, in "Meet the Robinsons," standing outside Robinson Industries with a roll of toilet paper and a carton of eggs yelling "Robinson, you stink!"
So of course, I turn to the one public medium I do have, my blog to help me vent my raging frustration. Not that UPS will ever check, nor will they ever change their stupid policy, but at least I feel better having gotten it all out.
And yes, I wrote an entire blog just so I could get in the "Meet the Robinsons" reference. Still love me?

1 comment:

ME said...

I feel your pain don't you hate stood policies and feel sorry for impotent people.