Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Need Work, Will Travel

The last several weeks have been abysmal as far as the hours I've gotten from my current position. Today, I was told that this will pretty much be the status quo for the next two months until busy season starts again.

So here's my dilemma:
  • I need something to occupy my time for the next two months;
  • I like not working nights and weekends;
  • I can't go and buy supplies to do a project here at home (because no work, means little money);
  • My search on Craig's list netted some accounts payable/admin job for which I applied but don't really expect to receive an answer on
  • My search on Monster netted a UPS driver's helper job,which sounded like a big adventure, and would be otherwise perfect, but the words must be able to lift 70 lb packages and work in cold climates was just too intimidating for my small frame.

So while I am keeping my eyes and ears open for gainful employment I am in search for other opportunities. I should find someplace to volunteer, and maybe I will, but the other option my sister and I thought of was to someone else's projects. So, if you have all sorts of material, and no time to sew, send it along, I'll do it. Really any project that is outsourceable, and mailable - send it along - I'm game, at least for the next two months.

Any takers? I'm actually really curious to see if anyone is serious enough and trusting enough to send me anything. The game is officially on.

1 comment:

Emily said...

Too bad you can't help me with my chicken coop!