Thursday, February 24, 2011

Courtside Reunion 2011

Don't you just love this picture? Eight women in all of their happy sweaty glory? I hope my dear college roommates don't hate me for posting this picture on a public blog. Can you believe that many women in one group look that good in spandex! I mean really! Three of the women pictured above recently had children. Can you tell who they are? I'm guessing probably not.

I recently had the rare privilege to spend a long weekend with these wonderful women talking, eating, getting our "butts" kicked at this intense whole body aerobics class, giggling, crying and reminiscing together. What a wonderful way to spend three+ days. The part I loved most about the trip was marveling at how amazing they all are and how lucky I am to be able to associate with such beautiful, happy, and genuinely good women. Rarely, do we have in our lives, so many positive relationships in one group. I cringe when I think about the pill I often was to my dear roommates. I was an emotional wreck half the time. Thankfully I've come SO FAR since then (wink wink). How nice of them to love me and forgive my post adolescent issues. Thank you my darling friends!

And thanks to my wonderful husband who spent 6 days sans car eating soup and bumming rides from friends so I could have this opportunity. Thank you my boy!

2 comments:

Mandy said...

I love that you put butts in quotes. It's your blog - you can curse if you want to. How I miss you! I loved spending four fabulous nights and days with you. xo M

ME said...

What a great picture. It's good to hear that you all still keep in contact.