Wednesday, February 23, 2011

FYI - Body Suits are Back

While in California visiting with my college roommates, we went into San Francisco to shop. We made it into H&M, which, while it might not be at the height of haute couture, it is definitely hipper than the shopping I don't do these days. How was I to know then that the 80's are already on the outs and the 90's are back. Case in point - see above picture. Do you remember body suits the first time they came in? I was never cool enough to have one though boy did I ever want one. It seemed like the perfect way to keep your shirt tucked in.

Now when I look at them, all I see is a big onesie. A ONESIE!! Do you see the snaps at the bottom? I couldn't stop laughing and when I saw them. I also couldn't believe that scrunchies can now be found at H&M as well. I was talking to a women about them at the airport and apparently there was a "Sex in the City" episode that said that scrunchies were only to be worn when sleeping or washing your face; they were not for wearing in public. I guess not. And apparently, according to Glamour.com, scrunchies have been in since mid 2009. Where have I been? Oh, that's right, in Wenatchee, Washington. Maybe, you've all had your "bodysuits and scrunchies are on their way back in?" moment, but thanks to H&M I finally had mine.

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Oh, the horror!

Natalie said...

Agreed: it's a onesie, and scrunchies can only be worn in public if you are under 10 years old. WHY does no one consult me on these matters? (Oh. Maybe because I'm still in my pajamas. Brother!)