Sunday, May 15, 2011

Miracles Happen

With a sigh of relief and a shout for joy I would like to announce that Matt has an internship!!! Wahoo and praises be to Heaven. And where is that internship? Much to the chagrin of our ward here in State College, we will be leaving for the summer and heading to Hawaii. Matt got an internship with First Hawaiian Bank and will be working there starting in just two weeks. Matt's family still lives in Hawaii, and even though several of his siblings have graduated from college, somehow everyone will be there for one last summer before everyone heads in different adult-like directions. I will fortunately be able to take my job with me which will give me something to do with my day other than lounge on the beach. But even more fortunately, it continues part-time, which will give me something to do with my day other than sit in my room all day in front of my computer. Wonderful things all around. In addition, the LDS temple will be a fifteen minute walk instead of a 3.5 hour drive so I will hopefully avail myself of its blessings on a weekly, if not a semi-weekly basis. Again, wahoo!!
By the way, the procedures I went in for this week went as well as one could possibly hope. Very routine. That's the way I like it. So, while my tummy continues to swell beyond normal proportions and I try not to sneeze, cough, or laugh too riotously, I am doing very well and healing quite nicely. Thanks to everyone, especially my beloved family, who more than did their part in praying for my well being. Good job guys!!

4 comments:

Claudia said...

Yay for the internship! But Hawaii...man, that sounds like it will really suck. Okay, that's just jealousy talking. I'm excited for you! Not a bad way to spend the summer! I'm glad your medical stuff went well. I've been thinking about you. You continue to be in my prayers!

ME said...

WAHOO for you both. I hope you have a great time in Hawaii this summer. I'm only slightly, okay really jealous. I just wish I had the funds to go out and visit you while there.

Emily said...

Everything about your post says, "Wonderful!!!" Happy to hear it and have fun in Hawaii!! What a treat!

Deanna said...

YEY! Congrats! Sounds like tons of fun!