Sunday, August 28, 2011

My Family Loves Me

While it has been confirmed that my Heavenly Father loves me, I have also been blown over by the love and support of my wonderful family.
  • My oldest brother Phillip fixed our car for us this summer while we were in Hawaii, fixing the overhead lights and the AC!!!  When asked if I can do something for him, he says, no problem, don't worry about it.
  • My oldest sister Nichole sent me flowers this May when I had my surgery.  She also calls and checks up on me regularly.
  • My older sister Melissa has been the backbone of my support system for the last several years as we have worked together to get pregnant, her with her 6th child and me with my first.  She calls me regularly, lets me cry and vent and express my concerns and frustrations ad nauseum.
  • My older brother Jared recently donated all his Marriott reward points to me for this next unanticipated week in Maryland.
  • My little brother Paul picked me up from the airport and, even after spending the entire summer separated from his adorable wife, he let me crash his alone time with her so I wouldn't have to spend all the time by myself.
  • My mother spent what couldn't have been a fun few days hanging out with me in my hotel room and tried her best to lift my spirits while I seemed to try my best not to let her.
  • My father willingly gave up with wife for me and didn't mind a bit when I ditched her to go home, saying he would gladly drive the hour and a half to go retrieve her.
  • My in-laws graciously let us stay for the summer and donated money to help us make this dream of IVF a reality.
  • My family prays for me, they call me and let me call them.  They let me talk about IVF all I want but also let me hear about their lives so I can escape mine for a while. 
I have wonderful friends who also love and support me and I am grateful for them; but this week I have been overwhelmed by the reminders that my family LOVES ME.

5 comments:

ME said...

And your younger sister Megan regularly reads your blog and comments and always try to keep you humble.

Suzie Petunia said...

I have a load of sympathy in my heart for you right now! I have been catching up on your blog here and I see you're going through IVF. Having watched my sister go through a few rounds over the last few years I have an inkling as to what you might be experiencing, though I haven't experienced it all personally. It sounds like it has been a roller coaster, and I'm so sorry! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

My sister has written about her experiences on her blog(s). Maybe you'd like to hear what it has been like for someone who has also gone through all of this?

caor.blogspot.com
babyrhodesbud.blogspot.com

I am happy to tell you she is finally pregnant after 3 rounds of IVF. She is due Jan. 6.

Good luck!!

Suzie Petunia said...

I just realized that she hasn't written on her personal blog about IVF hardly at all. Here are the only posts where she mentioned it:
ahttp://caor.blogspot.com/2009/04/this-is-me-in-my-lair.html

http://caor.blogspot.com/2007/10/cant-girl-get-break-this-is-not-pity.html

It has been such a tough journey, she has not wanted to share that much.

Natalie said...

I'm so glad you are acutely aware of how much you are loved! It's limitless, really. I feel that way about you, too. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Jen Hicks said...

What an awesome family!