Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lazy or Just Anti-Social?

Just in case, everyone doesn't already know, Matt is here at Penn State getting his MBA (Master's in Business Administration).  There are a few program-sponsored events, some of which we attend, throughout the year.  But it has recently come to my attention that there are a whole host of other parties and activities that my fellow LDS MBA families attend that I know nothing about, and honestly, am okay not being a part of. 

I wonder if one of the other MBA wives telling me about her active MBA social life, was afraid I'd feel bad for not knowing everyone else in the program and not feeling included.  But really, honestly and truly, I don't care.  Matt isn't the most outgoing guy so, while he knows and likes most of his classmates, he really isn't into the socializing scene.  And he treats school very much like a job.  He studies hard, puts in his hours, but at the end of the day, he comes home to his little wife and we have our other life.  Truthfully, our other life doesn't consist of much other than dinner and vegging before bed, but its the way we like it. 

Matthew has his life at school and I have my life working (on occassion), sewing (more than I should), sleeping (got to keep that growing babe healthy right?), and trying my hand at various domestic skills.  I socialize mostly with other women from church and I teach seminary.  I don't really feel my life is lacking in daily activities.  So, while I know I'm missing out on all sorts of potential friendship, missionary, and other opportunities, am I lazy or just anti-social to not really care about this whole other realm of social possibilities?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Neither! You just realize what you need in this life and prioritize it accordingly. From one homebody to another it is OK to not hit every social activity!!
love you,
melissa

Deanna said...

You have your whole life - and as your sweet little baby grows up and gets friends - you will find it thrust upon you - enjoy your time with your little family while you have it! Dan and I are that way too - I am a bit of a social butterfly sometimes - but at the end of the day, all I really want is time with my hubby.