Tuesday, January 10, 2012

20 Week . . . Drum Roll Please

This is me at 20 weeks on the beach near my in-laws house in Laie, Hawaii, which is on the North Shore of Oahu. Isn't that background lovely (minus the few bits of trash)?

A couple of days, a total of 10 hours on a plane, super swollen ankles, and utter exhaustion later,  Matthew and I were back in State College eager to restart our life and to find out just what sort of baby we were having. I prayed, Matthew prayed, and I asked everyone we knew to pray that Wee Babe would show him/herself to us at our ultrasound appointment.  While Matthew and I were excited and eager to have a little girl, we wanted to know one way or another even more.  When the appointment started, the baby was in the WORST position to show off, but thankfully by the end HE had switched it up enough that the ultrasound tech was able to take a couple of pictures identifying that Wee Babe is now a Zachary Daniel! A few hours of shock and ironic laughter later, Matthew and I are so excited to welcome this new addition into our family.  He will have good company with his at least two other boy cousins (one more to determine) that will join the Booren family in 2012.  While he is the first Marler grandchild, he will also be the twenty-second Booren grandchild, the 18th boy, and the 13th boy born in a row.  We now not only have a full soccer team, but we are filling out a football team of boys as well!! Holy Hannah.

5 comments:

Jaime Didenhover said...

Sara,
I am so utterly thrilled at this wonderful blessing in your life! It makes me happy thinking about you and what's to come!
loves
Jaime

KGBR said...

Hooray! Now we know what color fabrics to buy! ;) Congrats.

*julie* said...

You're pretty darn cute when you're pregnant Sara.
I'm so excited for you to be a mom! I know pregnancy feels like it takes forever, but for me it also feels like Christmas! I try to enjoy the anticipation and I love the excitement of being surprised by what you get - not the gender, just being surprised when you finally get to meet the little one. So hopefully you're one that likes surprises too and this has been remotely comforting and encouraging!

Natalie said...

You look fantastic! I can't wait to see how Zachary looks! (And come Sunday mornings, you'll be so glad to have a wash-and-go child as opposed to the other gender.) xo

Jen Hicks said...

Congrats Sara! I am sooooooo excited for you. You are so tiny too! You look beautiful! Can't wait to meet Zachery. We really need to nail this reunion date down. Sure love ya ya and keep up the great baby making work!