Thursday, April 26, 2012

Private Showing

This week, while Matthew is away visiting his brother in Portland, I am trying to fill my time with work and crafts and movies I wouldn't watch with my beloved. As such, I went and saw "Mirror Mirror" by myself. It's not the first movie I've seen by myself, nor, I suspect will it be the last, but this one was particularly interesting, because while I went by myself, I remained all by myself in the theater. Not a single other soul showed up. Granted, it was a Thursday afternoon, but even so it was such a surreal experience not to have anyone else there. It felt like a private showing. I didn't worry about silencing my cell phone. I didn't worry about blocking someone else's view. At one point, what with my very pregnant body, my back started to ache and I got a touch uncomfortable, so I stood up for a few minutes, stretched out my back and walked a little through the aisle before returning to my seat. It was kind of fun really. 
Anyway, that's my little anecdote for the week. Mid-afternoon, mid-week is the best time to go see a movie, if your goal is to have the fewest number of people possible with whom to share a theater.

1 comment:

*julie* said...

You are just so stinkin' cute.
And funny ;)