Saturday, April 28, 2012

Sara at 36 weeks

I actually dressed myself, put on makeup and did my hair, so I thought it a good time to get a 36-week picture taken. With Matthew out of town I find myself in my PJs with semi-kempt hair more often than not. But here I am in all of my pregnant glory. I am hoping against hopes that I won't have a 40-week picture to share, that somehow going maybe a few days early will be my reward for teaching Seminary all year, but I'm pretty sure that having said that aloud and now typed it publicly I have just jinxed myself.
C'est la vie. I still can't complain. I haven't swelled too terribly much, though I have taken to wearing fun rings in lieu of my slightly too tight wedding and engagement rings. Because I work from home, though I may not be sleeping well at night, at least I get ample opportunities to sleep during the day. I still enjoy feeling baby wiggle around inside me, despite the occasional bum to the rib-cage. And joy of joys, I still don't feel like a beached whale, despite what my bed sounds like when I move around in the middle of the night.
Mostly what I'm feeling is boredom. I'm kind of bored with being pregnant. While I'm still not sure I'm quite ready for the radical change to my schedule this baby will bring, I am ready for change. Hopefully by the end of the summer I will still feel the same way when Matthew is officially graduated, Wee Babe is officially part of the family, we have moved, bought our very first house, started a new job. It's a lot of changes to be sure. So I guess, sooner rather than later, I will get my wish to its fullest extent. Wish me luck!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the hair! You are an adorable pregnant momma and I can't wait to see pictures of your new baby and home. Big year for the Marlers!

Ariana said...

You need some kind of project....something fun, but not super important in case the baby comes and you aren't finished. I did a pieced quilt during the last couple weeks of my last pregnancy. It helped pass the time...