Sunday, May 6, 2012

Matthew is Graduated (Here's the proof)

My sweet husband has completed his MBA degree and we couldn't be more thrilled to move onto a new chapter in our lives. We both agree that we will miss State College and all that it has meant to us over the last two years, but it will be fun to enter into the world of real adults, complete with children, a mortgage, a steady paycheck and a 401(k) account. Here at Penn State, they have a university-wide graduation on Sunday for the THOUSANDS of undergraduate and graduate students. We opted out of that one. But they also have a precommencement ceremony for the MBA students the day before. That sounded a lot more intimate and meaningful so I made Matthew attend that one. It would be good closure, I decided. So here we are pre-precommencement ceremony.

 Nate has been Matthew's favorite MBA friend. They have definitely helped each other get through the last couple of years with either's sanity in check.

Meanwhile, these lovely ladies were my saving grace. We didn't necessarily hang out everyday, but it was so nice to have other women who knew what I was going through. Last year, while our husbands were crazy at school, we had weekly MBA Widows Wives dinners so that we wouldn't have to spend every night by ourselves.

Okay, this is where the ceremony gets sad. As each graduate walked across the stage to receive their certificate a member of their family dutifully took a picture to commemorate the occasion. Since I was Matthew's lone representative, I pulled out my camera - eagerly awaiting his turn. And then of course I only took awful, blurry pictures. Blegh. So instead of having someone to rejoice in his accomplishment, clapping and cheering him across, he gets these lame pictures instead. Sad

Can you tell which blur is his?

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Congrats to Matthew - and to you too! Business school is a major accomplishment. Just wanted to check in with you - I hope you let me know when that baby makes his debut. Happy Laboring! xo Mandy