Sunday, May 27, 2012

Sara at 40 weeks

Or really, this is me at 40 weeks, one day, but since I was basically in PJ's all day yesterday, Sunday seemed like a better day to take the picture. After two weeks of my body not doing much of anything to prepare for delivery, I was excited to hear at my 40-week appointment that I am now dilating and baby is moving into position like he should. But even better news, they are inducing me on Tuesday. I guess there are risks for pregnancies helped along by IVF with ICSI (basically injecting the sperm into the egg, instead of letting them find each other on their own), and they now don't like women to go much past their due date. Fine by me. I don't really like the idea of being induced, but I definitely don't want to endanger my child, and I really don't like the idea of being pregnant for another week or two, so the pros completely outweigh the cons. Plus it's kind of fun knowing I only have a finite number of days and hours before he arrives. It makes waiting around my apartment being kind of bored a lot easier.

In the meantime, I was writing in my journal, trying to catch up for three and a half months of inactivity (thankfully I keep a blog) and I thought I should write some thoughts for this little one, the first live being that is both a Booren and a Marler, about to join our family. This is what I came up with for him:

I hope and pray that I appreciate him as much as I should, especially after so many years of going without. I hope I don't take this little miracle for granted and that I will continue to marvel at his divinity and special place in our family. He is after all our Zachary (meaning "The Lord hath remembered"). I hope that even if he is the perfect storm of Matthew (stubborn) and me (emotional) that the years of refining will have made some impact on how I parent. Hopefully I will be a little more patient, understanding and wise now that I'm a little older and have experienced and learned what I have. I know I won't be perfect or a saintly mother, but I can at least hope that the last few years will have meant some improvement for me versus the type of mother I would have been at 22 or even 27. Those are my hopes and dreams for myself concerning this little one. As for my hopes and dreams for him, Be whoever you are destined to become and who the Lord needs you to be. I love you sweet Wee Babe. Welcome Welcome in just a few more days.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are ready to be a wonderful mother!! Enjoy your little guy when he comes in a few short days. They are definitely miracles.

Claudia said...

Remember...like I said when we talked, an induction means you can go into labor after having a special date night with your husband ('cause you won't be having one of those in a while - might I suggest taking in a movie?), a nice LONG bath or shower (because you won't get one of those in a while either. Sure you can shower, but for a while it will be a fast one as you try to beat the clock till feeding/end of nap time. And it will be years before you can do that or pee without an audience - or at least the door open), and any other last minute pampering and/or preparations you want to do before the little one comes because you know WHEN it's going to happen. It's a good thing, and you're going to be a great mother.

I will be checking often for the expected updates, pictures, etc. After all you've gone through to get to this point, you are going to look at him every day and be amazed at the perfect blessing that he is. I am still amazed at how beautiful and perfect Claire and Henry are, and I expect nothing less for you. I am so happy for you Sara. Good luck, enjoy the surreal-ness of it all (because for me, the whole first-time experience was surreal!) and I can't wait to hear how it all went!

Ariana said...

Excited for you guys! Hope all goes well!

Natalie said...

My prayers will be with you. I love you lots. Kiss that baby for me, and smell him for me, too!

Jen Hicks said...

Congrats!!!! I can't wait to meet Zachery. Call when you get a sec so so I can hear all the details about his arrival and your first days in motherhood. Isn't child birth a miracle?! Painful, yes, but simply amazing at the same time. I will never,ever forget those first moments I held both my babies. There is nothing more tender or exhilirating. Sure love you lots! Enjoy all he firsts!!