Sunday, July 8, 2012

Squatters



Two weeks out and our house still looks like this. This has never happened to me before. I've always been 90+%  moved in at  this point. As you can see, we still look more like squatters than anything else. I guess I could probably blame baby for slowing me down, but really it's more that we are currently SLOWLY transitioning over to real adulthood and our furniture hasn't caught up with us yet. We still have our small apartment furniture - furniture that fit perfectly well in a 1000 square foot apartment, but looks paltry in our townhouse that is much bigger. So, until we have the funds to buy new more permanent (aka, not from IKEA) pieces, this is what our life looks like. So don't judge us if you happen to come and visit us. Just know, we aren't squatters, we really do own it.

2 comments:

Ariana said...

We've been in our house for 3 1/2 years, and 90% of our furniture is from IKEA.....I still feel like my decorating style is "college student". blah! At least your house is brand new and gorgeous...

Deanna said...

wait - IKEA isn't permanent furniture?????? NO ONE TOLD ME!!!!!!!!!!!