Saturday, September 29, 2012

Courtside Reunion 2012

My college roommate reunion for the year was a little different tho\is time around. It was still all about getting together, laughing, crying, eating and shopping, but the reason to get together was for this sweet little girl below who, thanks be to God, is a survivor of childhood cancer!!

Salt Lake City held its annual Cancer Walk and so all us roommates made sure we were there to support our dear friend Ada and her precious daughter Annie. It was a wonderfully special event, though, I had a hard time keeping my emotions in check as I heard other cancer kid's stories - some triumphant and others heart breaking.



It's amazing what we as women have been through together over the years. Throughout the weekend, I was reminded again and again how lucky I am to have these women apart of my life for the last 15 years.



P.S. In the picture above, you'll notice Linsey with her newest baby, Charlotte. C was born just three days before Z and they were good friends all weekend long. Zachary was infinitely more content to lay on the floor if Charlotte was there beside him. So adorable.

No comments: