Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Banana Peels Don't Taste Good

A story in pictures. 

While Z was napping I read a book in bed and ate a banana. Too lazy to throw the banana peel away immediately, I left it on my bedside table, so when baby boy awoke from his nap (too quickly thereafter) it was awaiting his inquiry.
 Here he is, intrigued by the new object.

 Testing it out. I should mention that, banana peels don't taste good. You might know this already. Z did not. And I don't think he trusted his initial interaction, because he kept going back for more. I should also add, that I did realize at the time that I should probably rescue this poor soul from himself, but I was too intent on capturing the face he made each time he tasted it that I let him go back for more. Does this make me a bad parent?

This child is a ham, and I fear, has his mother's narcissistic tendencies, because if he knows his picture is being taken, he immediately gives me a cute smile. All the more fun to coo at himself later.

 Okay, this is sort of the face I wanted, but not good enough. Keep chewing away baby.

 Another bite of the banana.

Success!! I still can't look at this picture without chuckling.

 And my darling persistent child continues to eat. At this point, I cave and take the banana away from this poor boy. I have my picture, he no longer needs to suffer.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It is bad of us that we laugh at our children's misery? I have some of those sour-faced pictures too.

Deanna said...

Heheeheee - cracks me up - especially since James does the same thing. :)

Jamie said...

Next time lemons or pickles!