Tuesday, April 9, 2013

21 Weeks Pregnancy Thoughts

Here I am barefoot and 21 weeks pregnant. I keep thinking I'm bigger than I was with Zachary since I started showing almost immediately with this baby girl, but thankfully for my psyche, I think I'm on schedule for my size. Whew.

I also can't believe how blessed I've been with morning sickness. Even though Bitty Girl has caused more nausea than Wee Babe, I still can't remotely complain since I basically went from zero nausea to just noticeable nausea. And since Z was able to entertain himself while I lay in bed and took naps with me, life in the Marler home remained copacetic.

I am happy pregnant woman. Especially since the light simmer of baby movements has begun. And yet, even with really easy pregnancies and the amazement of feeling life inside me, I still can't believe women do this over and over again. Does this make me a bad person? A friend of mine said something similar. That the only reason she went through 9 long months of sacrificing her body for the sake of another was that darling baby at the end. That baby was worth it all. And now that I have my Wee Babe, I can finally say that Bitty Girl will definitely be worth all of the discomfort. She is what I need to keep my mind on when I wheeze up the stairs and wake in the middle of the night to pee.

4/14/13 - I feel compelled to add that this pregnancy kicks trash in one very important way - no shots, no suppositories or other drugs (that make me crazy in more ways than one) needed to convince my body it really is pregnant. Thank heavens for that.

1 comment:

ME said...

Yea for easy pregnancy! BTW your feet look cute and not in any way swollen.