Monday, April 8, 2013

Our "Life" Puzzle


Seven months ago, Matthew sent me a link to a 24,000 piece puzzle and wondered if I would be interested in attempting it. And now, after many many hours, including having to redo a large portion after a devastating poor moving decision, it is complete, framed, and installed on our basement wall. As you can tell from the top picture, it nicely takes up just about the entire wall. Holy Mackerel.

We took our sweet time as we assembled the first half, but as Z got more and more mobile and more and more curious about what we were working on, including tasting some pieces, the pressure was on to finish. We worked on nothing else for two or three months just so we could complete the darned thing and get loose pieces out of the hands of our darling son. No sewing, no blogging, no anything other than necessary tasks, caring for the Wee Babe, and working on the puzzle.

I am happy with how it turned out, but I am happy to have free time again. Especially important now since I get to turn my attention to Bitty Girl's baby quilt.

7 comments:

Malesa said...

Holy Freakin' Cow! That is AMAZING!!!!! I am in serious awe. So glad that you didn't lose any pieces! That would drive you crazy.

Unknown said...

Just. Wow.

Michael Asay said...

Speechless.

April said...

Oh wow!!! Oh My!!!
How in the world? You did this?

Hilary Butler said...

I would just like to take credit for the sail boats and say you're welcome - I know you couldn't have done it without me ;) Good job guys!

ME said...

Aaron says, "Wow that's amazing."

Skip and Emma Booren said...

Good job you guys. That is one AMAZING piece of wall art and it fits just right.