Saturday, June 1, 2013

Marler Family Vacation 2013

Every couple of years, Matthew's family gets together at Disney World for a family vacation. This time around I just so happened to be 7 months pregnant and Wee Boy was one-year old. Not the most ideal circumstances for a trip to DW but it was good to be with Matthew's family nonetheless. We didn't do much riding rides, unless you count "It's a Small World" and "Aladdin's Carpet Ride" but we did give Wee Boy some exposure to some adoring grandparents, great-grandparents, uncles and an auntie.
I was impressed with the child's stamina and his fortitude in the face of hours of kickin' it in his stroller as we wound our way through the parks. And Matthew, not to be outshone, was a pillar of fatherhood, I was so pleased. Really, I couldn't have been happier with my little family.
 


Waiting for the bus to come. Sorry to my BIL for cropping him out of our little family picture.

Indulging my MIL with an obligatory picture in front of Epcot's iconic golf ball.

One day, Matthew and his father decided to make the trip out to Cape Canaveral to see the Kennedy Space Center. Wee Boy and I decided to tag along. Not bad KSC, not bad. The Center's only "ride" which is a simulated rocket launch was verboten for Wee Boy and me, but that didn't stop me from getting some proof that 1. Wee Boy is indeed too short for this ride but 2. he is definitely NASA material.

Just before the ride they take pictures of everyone to superimpose their heads in space suits and make a little extra dough afterwards. We were about to walk away from them all, when we saw this picture and were instantly hooked. How can you say no to memorializing your child in a space suit when they are this cute?
It just so happened that the day before when we were celebrating his birthday, I was telling Matthew that I felt we needed to get something to commemorate Wee Boy's first trip to DW but that I didn't want to buy something for the sole purpose of just having something. Thank you Space Center. Problem Solved.

A few days later, we were DW'ed out and ready to make our way home, but I think I can safely call the trip a success. Family was seen, vacation was taken, and memories were made. Thank you Father and Mother Marler.

1 comment:

nichole said...

I need a cool M&FIL. Oh wait I need a husband first. Maybe I should scope out the cool parents with single grown son :)

Love the souvenir!