Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Home Improvement - Kitchen Backsplash

I'm not sure Matthew and I would consider ourselves fixer-upper people, that's why we bought a new house. And I'm pretty positive this backsplash would have forever stayed on the bottom of our priority list had it not moved itself up with grease splatters on the wall and flaking paint from water residue. I'm not sure Matt was super keen on the project until he had cool new power tools to add to his budding collection. After what felt like weeks of delay with other things going on or not having all the right materials, we finally spent this past Saturday on our kitchen ignoring our poor child. I have to say, I couldn't be more pleased with how our little project came out. Definitely not professional, but pretty darn good for people who aren't fixer-upper people.
 
It was also great working with Matthew. It's one of the things I love most about us - our ability to work together respectfully and efficiently. It's definitely one of the better aspects of team Marler and projects like this make me remember why I love him so.
 


P.S. One of my favorite aspects of working on this project was using my quilting ruler to measure out the socket holes. It made the job so much easier and how fun to be able to contribute with my own totally non-handyman flair.

1 comment:

ME said...

It does look good. I'm glad you and Matt work well together. Michael and I work better at divide and conquer.