Saturday, July 13, 2013

My New Sewing Machine

I am one happy chica! I have a new sewing machine (Janome Memory Craft 6300). It is definitely not the fanciest of models, did you know that they can cost upwards of $12,000?!!! Holy Smokes! But it is also definitely not one found at your local Walmart or Joann's. It is just the right level of fancy for my sewing purposes and as such I am in sewing machine heaven. Who knew a piece of materialism could make me so blissful? I have been pining for this machine ever since a friend bought the same one a few months ago. It has cool features I wanted and some I never knew I wanted but as soon as I saw I began dreaming about. And after working a bit over the last few weeks and saving my pennies, it is now mine. Ah sweet bliss. Even Matt loves it. At least to the extent that its maximum noise level is considerably softer than my two previous machines. He can now actually watch AND hear the TV while I am sewing my little heart out.

My first project on it being a quilt Matthew commissioned for his Christmas present! Pictures to follow!!

No comments: