Tuesday, August 27, 2013

My Little Chica Lica

Introducing the newest Marler model. All 9 pounds and 22 inches of Miss Adelae Emma was born on Sunday, August 25 at 8:18 am.

Zachary was born with nary a contraction and only after a few hours in the hospital. Miss Adelae started her journey around midnight on Saturday morning and after the contractions regularized (is that a word) to 7 minutes apart, I called my doctor and she gave me the go ahead to head on over to the hospital with the caveat that they might not let me stay. And so of course, as soon as I arrived, my contractions moved from 7 minutes apart to 10-15 minutes apart. Sad. We kicked ourselves out, picked up Zachary from our friend's house and made our way back home to labor labor labor. My mother arrived later that day, and once contractions moved closer together, including much stronger, holy Hannah, we headed back to the hospital (about 10 pm). By the time we got there, I was dying for drugs. I had wondered if I could go without them, but after almost 24 hours of pain, I was ready for relief and sleep. So mercifully, they called the anesthesiologist as soon as I came. Epidurals are great and because of them I slept for the next several hours while my body finished progressing towards delivery. By 6 am I was ready to go, but after 2 hours of pushing and absolutely NOTHING to show for it, I asked for help in the form of forceps. 10 minutes later we had our baby girl!!! Sweet relief.


After a day in the hospital I was ready to go home and see my other baby. Look how cute my sweet little ones are.
 
Since being home, Miss Chica Lica, or as I like to call her, Cheeks, has both mesmerized and frustrated her brother. He definitely likes to look at her, give her "gifts" and poke her in the eyes, but he doesn't love all the time I give her. Surprise. I'm not sure he is unique in that regard, but as a result I get more cuddles from him and I am definitely not opposed to that.
 
For some reason, having two children, makes our little family feel more complete. Busy and Exhausting but more complete. I love it. And I am so excited to see how Cheeks wiggles her way into our family dynamic.

2 comments:

Andrea said...

You three are so cute!

Tamara said...

Aw! Wonderful! Can't wait to hear all about how Zachary begins to love and protect his little sister. I bet he'll be the perfect big brother!